$100,000 for charity: water
We did it. YOU did it.
Somewhere in the wee hours of this morning, we surpassed a significant milestone: $100,000 raised for charity: water over the years.
That’s equivalent to clean, safe drinking water for more than 3,300. Numerous villages. Families. Children that can attend school rather than walk literally hours for water.
Lives have been changed for the better, and we express enormous gratitude to the Authentic Jobs community for making it happen.
Here’s to another $100,000 for clean water.
New! Applicant dashboard.
Candidate applications are now viewable in your Authentic Jobs account. Shortlist your favorites, block abusers, and more.
Post a job and try it out.
Or, if you already have listings on Authentic Jobs and used the “Via email” option for applications, sign in to your account. It’s likely you already have candidates on your dashboard.
Candidate applications are accessible from just about any device, and they’re presented in a succinct, easy-to-digest snapshot. See an example profile.
Review cover letters, shortlist as a favorite, archive for later, and so on. (Replies and forwarding are handled by your preferred email client.) Block applicants that spam your listing with multiple submissions or blatant form letters. These users are also reported back to us, and we’ll take additional measures as needed.
Hired, episode 19: Center Centre
Jared Spool and Leslie Jensen-Inman are the founders of Center Centre, a new bricks-and-mortar school in Chattanooga with a revolutionary approach to educating user experience designers. They sat down with Cameron to discuss their approach, faculty, and new student admissions. Have a listen: http://hired.fm/episode/19
30% off all job postings. This week only.
2013: In retrospect.
After sifting through lines and lines of data from 2013, below are some of the more interesting stats from the year.
Note: Generalized assumptions about the web/tech/design industries should not be inferred from our data. Instead, this data is just that—our data.
That being said, here are some notable stats from the year:
- New York, San Francisco, and Chicago round out the top U.S. cities for listings posted to Authentic Jobs. London, Amsterdam, and Toronto are tops for international cities.
- Nearly one-third (31%) of all listings were posted in the front-end development category. This number is slightly higher than it might be otherwise, given employers can choose up to two categories when posting a listing.
- Dashboard designer for Mercedes-Benz. Period. Sit on that for a minute. (Envious!)
- In 2013, nearly twice as many startups posted jobs compared to 2012.
2014 is already off to a great start, and we’ve got numerous things in the works, such as Crew.is and a substantial redesign for Authentic Jobs.
And don’t forget, our annual 50% off New Year’s sale continues through January 11.
New Year, New Savings: 50% off all listings
If you’ve followed us over the past few years, you know the drill. We offer a discount this steep only twice a year: September campaign, and New Year’s.
Get a jump start on hiring new employees and finding freelancers in 2014 with 50% off all listings. But there’s a catch. You’ll need to visit the tweet streams of our team members to find a discount code.
Also, we’ve added 2 new job types for the new year:
- Moonlighting: Work that can be done in the evenings & weekends as side work. This doesn’t replace but complements the existing ‘Freelance’ job type, which is more suited to those doing freelance work as their primary income.
- Part-time: We’ve had numerous requests for this job type over the years. Just like it says, this is for part-time positions (typically 10–35 hours per week).
So, grab a discount code from our team tweets and post as many positions as you’d like. Expires January 11.
58% off any listing. Today only.
New feature: Improved application process
Last week we quietly released a new feature which allows candidates to apply directly through Authentic Jobs. Try it here. (Be kind, this is a real job listing!)
Adding a cover letter, location, links to recent projects, and uploading attachments is simple.
This update allows employers to receive applications in a consistent format, report abuse, and get a realtime feel for how their listing is performing.
So, give it a try. Post a new listing and choose “Through Authentic Jobs” as the application method.
P.S. You can link directly to the application page from your company website, tweet the URL, etc.
Authentic Jobs 8th birthday giveaway and $100,000 charity: water campaign
Today we’re elated to announce the Authentic Jobs 8th birthday giveaway and $100,000 charity: water campaign. It’s been months in the working and incorporates the talent of several amazing people.
And of course, a birthday isn’t a birthday without presents, so we’ve got lots of great prizes to give away, including T-shirts designed by Sergey Shapiro:
Additionally, one of you (and a guest of your choice) will join our founder, Cameron Moll, in New York City for charity: ball 2013 on Monday, December 16—all expenses paid. Apply for the chance to join us.
A special thanks to Sarah Parmenter for lending her voice to the video, and our sponsors for helping make this possible:
- Campaign Monitor, whose terrific email marketing app we’ve trusted for years
- Squarespace, which makes website building gloriously simple and beautiful
- An Event Apart, whose conferences are unparalleled in our industry
- InVision App, a masterful prototyping tool that we use all the time