Full-timeWashington DC Relocation assistance offered
NJI Media seeks a versatile web developer with demonstrable experience with both frontend and backend development experience. PHP experience is a must – we frequently build on proven and popular content management systems like Drupal and WordPress. We’re looking to add a smiling face to our exceptional crew right here in Old Town, so candidates must be local and able to work full time.
Required Front End Experience:
- HTML – Demonstrated correct and semantic application of markup, including headers, lists, forms, etc. Table-less layouts.
- CSS – Mastery of clean and efficient cross-browser styling techniques.
- jQuery – Capable of leveraging jQuery to modify existing UI behaviors and interactions and to create brand new ones from scratch.
Required Back End Experience:
- Linux – Some familiarity working from shell or terminal in Mac or linux.
- Apache – Background with Apache web server, knowledge of basic configuration, optimization and authentication techniques.
- MySQL – Knowledge of schemas, tables, users and privileges, principles of relational databases, and SQL commands. Able to migrate legacy data from unlike management systems.
- PHP5 – Very strong with PHP syntax and features. Understand variables, constants, arrays, loops, internal functions, php configurations, error logging/reporting, and OOP principals.
- Drupal/Wordpress – Demonstrated experience installing and developing quality sites in Drupal 7 or WordPress 3.
- Analytics – Familiar with implementing and evaluating results from metric gathering technologies such as Google Analytics.
- XML – Understand how to properly structure and use XML for transferring data.
- HTML5 and CSS3 with graceful degradation.
- Experience with Studiopress WP framework Genesis would be huge.
- Contributed theme, module, or plugin code examples.
- Git, SVN, or other version control system.
- Apache mod_rewrite, and Regular Expressions.
- Tolerant and sympathetic disposition toward Internet Explorer 7.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief message introducing yourself, and attach your resume. If you have a portfolio, include the link, and especially include any code samples that reflect your abilities. Thanks!
We’re excited to hear from you. **No phone calls, drop-ins, or agencies, please.
Who is NJI Media?:
NJI Media is an interactive agency that focuses on providing digital communications services to high profile non-profit groups, political organizations, trade associations, and corporations. We work above the Ben and Jerry's in Old Town, which is one of the many perks you'll receive working at NJI Media.