About the Job
Want your code to matter? Come work with a passionate and award winning team at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum where every day we work tirelessly to fulfill on the promise of “never again”.
Your role will be a critical one in helping us establish a digital engagement platform that will bring the lessons of the Holocaust to citizens across the globe, and inspire them to care enough to act.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Expression Engine or similar PHP/mySQL experience with template development, CMS template and add-on customization and problem solving.
- Experience using Git for version control and working as a member of a team of programmers.
- In addtion to PHP, experience with Ruby on Rails or other open Web application frameworks is welcomed.
- Familiarity with core UX programming concepts and practices and ability to successfully deploy web UX applications and code that is cross browser compatible and accessible.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Computer Sciences, or User Experience Design with 2 – 3 years of experience, or an equivalent of 5 years or more of related work experience.
Extra Points For:
- Experience with any Google APIs (Maps, Fusion, YouTube, Google Analytics).
- Mobile application development skills in IOS or Driod, or cross platform compiler environments
- JanRain social login setup and configuration skills
- Social network API and Plugins skills
How To Apply
Note: The U.S Holocaust Memorial Museum is an EEO employer. This job is not a Federal Position and is located in the Museum’s Washington D.C. offices. Relocation is NOT available for this position but we will interview candidates willing to relocate on their own.
Please submit a portfolio or 3-5 example URLs or applications demonstrating your best work along with salary history and requirements to our HR team. Applications without samples and salary history may not be considered.
Principals Only Please. No Third Parties.
Job Perks- Work with really smart and interesting people
- Located within walking distance of the Metro and Mass Transit
- Flexible work schedules
- Complimentary passes to the Museum and access to Museum-sponsored events and activities
- Eligible for 403(b) tax-deferred retirement program and employer plan contributions.