Think Brownstone, a UX firm in Conshohocken (within walking distance to the train), is growing its team of full-stack user interface (UI) developers. If you are passionate about user experience design and research, but also about writing code to build solutions for the web, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
UI Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop front-end code to accurately translate flat design comps for desktop, tablet, and mobile phone experiences
- Integrate code with content management systems and back-ends for large-scale websites and web applications
- Work collaboratively as part of a team that includes visual/UX designers, business analysts and technical developers (clients and internal colleagues)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Stay up-to-date on the new web development technologies and UI design trends/innovations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) design processes (conceptual design, wireframes, usability testing)
- Experience using visual design applications (Photoshop, Fireworks, etc) to create assets for web
- Experience with coding for comprehensive cross-browser and platform compatibility, as well as testing and validation
- Experience with ASP, PHP, JSP or other server-side integration languages
- Experience with Sitecore, Vignette, Wordpress, Drupal, Expression Engine, or other content management systems
- Experience with git, svn, or similar version control systems
- Experience with MySQL, Postgres, or other database systems
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET platform (both WebForms and MVC) and tools
- Comfortable working on the command line on Windows, Mac, and/or *nux
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum workflow methodology
- Obsessive attention to detail
Think Brownstone is a multidisciplinary design consultancy focusing on digital engagement strategy and user experience design services for Fortune 500 clients in a wide range of industries. To learn more about how we think, read our blog.
Job PerksCompetitive salary
Excellent benefits: health, dental, life, disability, IRA, flexible PTO plan, individual training budgets, etc.
Awesome creative workspaces in downtown Conshohocken, PA and the Highlands neighborhood of Denver, CO: both with easy access to public transportation and walking distance to great local restaurants
Note: Please send an email with a cover letter, resume, and three URLs featuring your code (or a link to your github account with at least three projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.