Digital Product Designer
Full-timeSan Francisco, CA
Join a team as passionate about design as you are.
We are seeking a Designer to work in-house with our Digital team in either our SF or NYC offices to redefine our digital presence across web, mobile, and e-commerce. The ideal candidate should be passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, and engaging digital experiences for web, mobile, and tablet. Outstanding content is at our core, and the right individual will have the opportunity to produce highly visible, innovative work.
The Designer will work closely with the technology team to support Dwell’s mission of bringing good design to everyone, everywhere.
- Work with digital product stakeholders to brainstorm, research, wireframe, and refine user experiences.
- Produce development-ready visual designs for site templates and features.
- Work with engineers through the full implementation process to prototype, refine, develop, test, and iterate functionality and visual designs across Dwell’s digital properties.
- Strong visual design portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of design, typography, and composition.
- Ability to work with our established brand identity as it grows collectively.
- Understanding of User Experience thinking and a drive to turn user needs and business goals into clear and compelling experiences.
- Excellent grasp of mobile-first thinking and ability to create user experiences that scale gracefully.
- Interest in modern design and a good eye for emerging trends on the web.
- Excellent communication skills, maturity, and the ability to collaborate across teams.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects, while remaining organized in a changing environment
- Prior experience designing for Drupal (or equivalent CMS), E-Commerce, or mobile
- Front-End Development Experience (ability to execute or prototype designs)
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies
- Strong UX-centric or Information Architecture background
About DWELL MEDIA, LLC: Dwell Media is a world-class design brand and publisher of Dwell(R) Magazine, Dwell digital properties, including dwell.com, Dwell Store, as well as national events including modern home tours, and the Dwell on Design.(R) events in Los Angeles and New York City. Dwell has received countless industry awards and is widely regarded as a leader in modern design. It serves an affluent audience that is idea-driven, sensitive to social and physical surroundings, and always “At Home in the Modern World.” www.dwell.com.
Note: Please send your CV to UIdesignerSF@dwell.com. Please also include a brief summary telling us about yourself and your professional background in the body of your email. Your email subject line should read: UI Designer for Dwell. Applications without this subject line will not be considered. Dwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.