what.it.is seeks an experienced, detail-oriented UI/UX Designer to augment existing project teams in the creation of beautiful, forward-thinking digital products, mobile applications, and websites. On a day-to-day basis you will work hand in hand with creative directors, in-house designers, and developers on all aspects of our process. This includes everything from research, UX strategy and wireframing to beautiful, fully-realized UI design, as well as managing the front-end implementation and testing of your finished work.
The right candidate will be a follower of emerging trends in design, web technology and user experience, engaged in the design community, and focused on doing intelligent work at the highest level possible. The position will be filled on either contract-to-hire of full-time basis commensurate to qualifications and availability of candidates.
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
- 3-5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for websites, mobile apps, and digital products
- Proven ability to translate client and project goals into strategic decisions around functionality, hierarchy, and placement of features
- Strong conceptual thinking. Create more than just beautiful things. Work that demonstrates execution based on set design parameters and objectives
- Experience working on early stage UX workshopping, strategy and wireframing
- Client-facing experience presenting work, talking through feedback and iterating on deliverables
- Fluent in industry tools and technologies
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience managing multiple projects, tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to execute at a high level within tight timeframes
- Willingness to be flexible and responsive as priorities and client needs change
- Experience designing for complex web-apps and software a plus
Full health benefits • Retirement plan • Professional development stipend • Performance-based bonuses • Flexible vacation