At Stealth Startup - Funded by Tier 1 VCs
We are a VC-funded, commercial stage startup developing a Stanford University technology for measuring protein expression involving signal processing, imaging, and motion control.
You are a mechanical engineer. You have designed UHV instruments and put them into production before. You thrive in a startup environment where you get to work with really smart people from a wide variety of disciplines, and are willing to help figure out the design and specifications. You like an environment where you can move fast without a lot of external requirements, because you are capable of putting in place appropriate structure and following best practices without people looking over your shoulder.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Fifteen years of design and development experience in:
- XY stage design including motors and bearings for UHV
- Mechanism design, especially sample handling
- Actuators, electric and pneumatic
- Machined plastic and metal components
- Welding and weld prep for UHV
- Electrical feedthroughs, connectors and cables suitable for use in vacuum
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling; SolidWorks experience required.
- Excellent drafting skills with good knowledge of GD&T standards.
- Familiarity with materials and processes suitable for UHV equipment
- Knowledge of modern methods for making prototype and production parts.
- Ability to create and adhere to project schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Automated test writing (e.g. python scripts) and control system tuning a plus
- Conceive, design, build, and evaluate a UHV stage, load lock, and sample transfer mechanism.
- Develop designs using best practices including design for manufacture (DFM) and design for service (DFS).
- Create documentation including mechanical drawings, assembly procedures, test plans, test reports, and design reviews.
- Source and procure prototype parts and components.
- Support the release of production worthy design files.
- Transfer engineering assembly methods to manufacturing contractor in preparation for production.
- Debug functionality and reliability and iterate design to correct issues
What We Can Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching.
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Trust in you to do things right
The company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.