Surge is a publisher focused platform building the future of analytics, demand and content optimization. We’ve focused heavily on our product (you won’t find much about us publicly, all of our clients are word-of-mouth). We have no public web presence. We work exclusively with publishers doing at least 50 million page views every month. Our largest customer is an Alexa top 50 site. We give our clients the ability to view every single ad impression served on their site and tie it back to the exact amount of revenue it generated along with the content that the user was viewing and the user that the ad impression was delivered to. Every single one of our customers is important to us, and we provide an extremely high level of service, continually going above and beyond. We’re a small team that’s 100% remote.
About you/the role:
We’re looking for an exceptional full-stack developer to grow our engineering team. Our stack is modern PHP + VueJS + Vanilla JS. We’re looking to move a portion of our code to typescript - so familiarity with typescript would be a huge plus. You’ll be developing code that is deployed to some of the largest websites in the world on the analytics side, as well as code that processes billions of events daily.
- 3+ years experience working with PHP, comfortable working with modern PHP.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to evaluate technologies and use the right tool for the job.
- Comfortable dealing with scaling - benchmarking and optimization, down to the allocator level sometimes (tcmalloc vs jemalloc?).
- Comfortable working with a 100% remote team - with distributed code reviews.
- Familiarity with redis, nginx and docker.
- Self-directed, self-motivated. Must be able to take a feature from idea to production: architecting for scale, documenting, testing and deploying (although your code will go through multiple reviews before making it out into production).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Comfortable diving into a complex existing code base and getting up to speed quickly.
- Frontend experience - vanilla JS, VueJS, Typescript.
- Experience with Facebook’s graph API (ad management, specifically).
- Working with extremely large datasets
- Familiarity with the web-publishing industry and ecosystem
- Experience with lua (w/ openresty).
- Experience with k8s.
- Any UI/UX experience.
- Any adtech experience (RTB/implementing HB systems/optimizing).
- Any devops experience.
We don’t care about formal education. All communication is generally through slack, although we do jump on calls from time to time. You must appreciate a no-bullshit office environment. This is a contract to hire position. The first 8-12 weeks will be on contract, transitioning to full time after evaluating fit at the end of that period.
Work remotely with a 100% remote team.
Have a strong impact on product direction (small team).
Competitive salary, lots of opportunity for growth.