Our mission is to make homes more beautiful, organized and healthy. As a developer you will be building products and tools for our readers and editorial team, with the goal of providing a rich and engaging media experience to our 35+ million monthly readers.
We are a small and collaborative team that deploys early and often. Learning and communication are at the core of our process.
Our ideal candidate understands product and likes to work closely with other teams to build great software. You have shipped production code and understand how web applications behave at scale. You should also be an amazing communicator with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Work closely with product owners, designers and developers to design and deliver quality tools and products
- Advocate and promote good software practices and support technical standards that result in high quality, maintainable, and scalable software
- Participate in code review and provide constructive feedback
- Day-to-day support of platform availability and performance standards
- An excellent understanding of CSS and HTML, including semantics and accessibility
- React and basic knowledge of Flux or Redux
- Experience with REST APIs or GraphQL
- GIT and development and deployment workflows
- Grasp of functional and object oriented programming patterns and algorithms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Node, Express, Next.js, Ruby on Rails or Elixir a plus
- Experience working in media, ad tech, or ecommerce a plus
- Experience working with a remote team a plus
- An interest in Elm or Reason a plus
- BS in Computer Science equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- A chance to work in our cheerful and sunny (and dog friendly!) Soho office
- In office snacks, quarterly happy hours, and fun health and wellness initiatives
- Competitive base salary w/ annual bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k and company Profit Share Plan