Digital Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a dynamic, motivated Digital Marketing Specialist to join us at our Hudson, NY office. Please note, this is not a remote position.
This is a job that starts with analytics, and involves creativity, problem solving, and good judgement. If you’re our specialist, you’d have skills in web development/management, SEO, PPC, and basic website management. You’d be working closely with our two founders and a range of clients nationwide, so strong interpersonal skills are needed. Tasks require writing and editing proficiency, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and switch gears easily.
We’re a small team that designs and builds WordPress and Shopify websites for a range of clients nationwide, and help businesses and organizations scale with smart digital marketing and robust websites. Many of our clients are the designers and producers of the products they sell, or have unique business process challenges to solve. Specializing in e-commerce, we often work with folks in specialty food, jewelry, fashion and home goods. We enjoy finding ways to solve complex problems through design and digital strategy. We strongly believe in building responsive, user-friendly sites that are clean, sustainable and can scale over time as our clients grow. We have ambitious goals for ourselves and our clients, so we’re looking to grow our team to increase our capabilities and boost client performance.
These things will be in your wheelhouse:
- Being a whiz at Google Analytics and proficient with SEO tools like Moz Pro and Google AdWords Keyword Planner.
- Conducting SEO site audits and reporting results, along with suggestions for improvement
- Performing keyword research and analyzing backlinks
- Building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERP standing
- Researching keywords and creating content strategies
- Creating weekly and monthly reports based on identified KPIs, showing web analytics data and tracking conversion rates
- Project management for multiple website builds in a fast-paced environment, and keeping budgets and timelines on track
- Ability to identify, communicate, and (ideally) execute technical website improvements
- Ability to contribute to and develop content strategies
- Making site content updates and creating email marketing campaigns
- Effectively communicating information and ideas in written and verbal format, and building and maintaining relationships internally and externally
You’ll work closely with:
- Clients from the Hudson Valley, NYC, LA and everywhere in between
- Agencies we partner with on large projects
- Our 2-person team, and select contractors
- Someone who has a design, code, or marketing background from previous roles or projects
- 2+ years of experience in the digital realm
- A self-starter; ability to take responsibility and initiate projects with the ability to self manage
- Clear communicator in both writing and conversation
- Curious and interested in learning a lot about the underpinnings of the web and digital marketing
- You pay attention to – and care about – the details
- Reliable – our clients depend on us, and we’ll need to depend on you too
- Excited to work for a small business where you can make your mark
The following are ideal, but are not required:
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify, or another CMS or e-commerce platform
- Agency background or experience working in a client relationship
- Experience working in Photoshop or other Adobe tools
- You’ve set up and run an online store, even if for a hobby business
If we decide to move further in conversation, we will ask for professional references. We may not have the opportunity to respond to every application, but we’ll at least let you know it was received, and when the position is filled.
Major holidays plus 1 week paid time off (PTO) after 6 months tenure; 2 weeks PTO after 1 year tenure.
Health care plan available.
Opportunities to travel to NYC to work on projects, and we’ll send you to 2 conferences a year to learn more.
Please apply with subject line “Digital Marketing Specialist” and include a cover letter, resume, when you would be able to start, and at least 3 portfolio samples or passion projects.