Wall Street Prep, a provider of financial training to some of the world’s leading financial institutions and universities, is looking for a Front-End Designer/Developer to join our growing team and help us continue to add new features and beautiful design to our online training platform and company web site (www.wallstreetprep.com).
Important: This is an in-office position located in the Boston, MA area. Remote/freelancers will not be considered for this position.
Role and Responsibilities
Collaborate with other web designers and developers on design, testing, functionality and overall web site effectiveness. While design/dev is the principal responsibility of this position, the right candidate will be a Jill/Jack of all trades who can assist our team with whatever else comes up: marketing/email design/systems setup/project research/blog upkeep/etc.
2-4 years of professional front-end design/dev experience is a must. Bachelor’s/associate’s degrees are preferred, but we will consider anyone whose work samples demonstrate a high level of professional design/dev skill. Candidates MUST be able to submit a resume and work samples.
- Proficient understanding of front-end markup including HT
- ML(5) and CSS(3)
- Thorough understanding of front-end markup best practices is a must
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Experience designing/developing within a CMS
- Working understanding of WordPress and WordPress theming and/or plugin architecture
- Proficiency in Adobe CS software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge working with Sass/SCSS
- Working knowledge of CRM apps such as Salesforce/Infusionsoft is a plus
- Server administration know-how is a plus
Introduce yourself to us in a short and sweet (give us your best 3 sentences!). Candidates MUST be able to submit a resume and work samples. URLs are preferred over static samples. Extra credit: If you have a Stack Overflow (or other technical forum) profile with questions you’ve asked or answered, send along the URL.