Are you interested in joining the premier media and events company dedicated to making the world a cleaner more sustainable place for generations to come? Do you want to use your creative chops and instinct for the social good and feel good about going to work every day? GreenBiz Group is looking to add a position to its creative/marketing force to help propagate its visual message and continue to shape and refine its branding presence.
As the GreenBiz Group Graphic Designer/Production Assistant, you will:
- Report to the Creative Director and work closely with our Marketing, Sales and Editorial departments
- Help tell the GreenBiz story
- Assist in asset production for print, web and video
- Help keep the brand’s visual message consistent and on trend
- Assist in a strategic branding overhaul across all collateral, as well as ongoing brand maintenance
- Maintain archival system for all creative assets and event media
- Help craft the aesthetics of our research projects and reports
- Help to develop the look and feel of the GreenBiz and VERGE event series
- Aid the executive producer/director in the live event production
- Help the marketing team keep our advertising and social presence current with graphics and video
- 3 + years of professional design experience, either working in-house or with an agency
- Ongoing proficiency in adobe creative cloud and other creative applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of experience across different media
- Ability to conceptualize and sell final concepts to co-workers
- Be creative, collaborative and interested in proselytizing the GreenBiz message
- Ability to take direction as well as accept constructive criticism
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for clean, effective design
- Be fluent in all social media platforms
- Interest in live event production
- Willingness to learn and ability to multitask
- Able and willing to travel on a quarterly basis for our event series
- Knowledge of video production and post-production a plus
- Bonus for video editing and motion graphics skills
- Bonus for experience operating cameras and other AV equipment
- Passionate about making the world a better place
Our ideal candidate is trend and tech-savvy, possesses excellent communication skills and adheres to a design philosophy where art takes a backseat to communication. You are passionate about design and understand the fundamentals of branding and marketing. You are a team player, an engaged listener, and you value your co-worker’s input. You are detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to multitask and manage aggressive delivery schedules. You are able to withstand rigorous production schedules during our events (late nights + early mornings).
GreenBiz offers full health and dental benefits and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. We are located in downtown Oakland, next to BART and AC Transit transportation lines, Frank Ogawa Plaza and tons of great food options! If you are interested, apply here . Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GreenBiz Group is a media and events company that views climate change and other global environmental challenges as existential threats to business and society, as well as significant opportunities. We help our audiences understand both, including how to navigate the emerging technologies, business practices, policies and societal expectations that companies, cities and others need to know to succeed. We achieve this through media, events, research and a membership network of corporate professionals. For more information, visit https://www.greenbiz.com/about-us
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.