Who We Are
ScaleLab is a leading digital talent network on a mission to help online influencers expand their audience and overall career through technology and top-level agency services. We represent thousands of established social media stars and pride ourselves on providing each of them with the tools, support, community and resources they need to grow on and beyond the digital platforms they’ve mastered. Developing cutting-edge technology that utilizes years of industry experience combined with the enormous amounts of data provided by our large client-base is the core of the future of our company. This is where you come in!
Who are we looking for
Are you a type of person who loves to dive into a new technology stack? Are you self-motivated to explore and embrace new trends, routines, and technology? Do you love to work in a small and productive team?
We are looking for an experienced, LA-based Backend Engineer who will play a key role in ScaleLab’s vision for an integrated experience for brands and influencers. You will be a part of a small engineering team improving on our current suite of products, as well as building a brand new product that’s meant to revolutionize the influencer marketing industry.
- 5+ years of back end development (PHP)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, motivation, and passion
- Expert level PHP with Laravel 5 framework
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of PHP 7, SOLID (object-oriented design), Object-relational mapping and LEMP stacks
- Experience in OOP (object oriented programming) & SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Strong MySQL knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with Symfony is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Websockets is a plus
- Design, develop, and maintain various backend APIs using Laravel and PHP7
- Write and maintain clean, well-written, test-driven PHP code and documentation conforming to standards
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve API performance problems
- Optimize database schema, queries, and caching
- Collaborate with peers on best practices and promote knowledge sharing
- Release early, release often