Armchair is a growing creative studio in Brooklyn, NY (Dumbo) specializing in brand communications and digital experience design. We are seeking a full-time (40hrs per week), on-site Freelance/Contract Web Designer to assist us with a media client’s website design project that will run April through June 2018. This position will work closely with our Creative Director, Project Manager, and Development team to create engaging and original designs that reflect business requirements and support user needs. Primary responsibility is to be a hands-on and self-managed designer that leads the design process from wireframes and UX/UI through to producing responsive designs for mobile. The position requires both project ownership and team collaboration on UX/UI, site concept and design, and the responsibility of leading the project through to completion.
Web Designer functions include:
- Establish visual creative directions
- Strategize, direct and collaborate with Creative Director and Dev Team
- Manage site design along with project ownership
- Drive concepts and design ideation
- Work with the Creative Director and Project Manager to manage processes and workflows
- Passion for Digital Design and deep knowledge of all things digital
- Lightning fast execution and a deep understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Understanding of typography, color theory, and strong page and digital layouts
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or related field is a plus
- Strong initiative, work ethic, and organizational skill
- Strong knowledge of front end technologies to communicate effectively with engineers
- The desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a natural inclination to push yourself creatively
- The ability to manage expectations of time and effort for tasks
- Ability to manage creative and development teams as well as be “hands on”
- Expertise, passion for and engagement in current/emerging web design and technology trends
- The experience to holistically manage the web design project while maintaining pixel perfect attention to detail
Who We Want to Hire:
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. Our culture is not big-agency, but our work is. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work in a growing shop are paramount to all other qualifications.
Armchair is a creative communications agency in DUMBO, Brooklyn. From fashion to tech-startups to textiles to beauty PR and media, we work with clients well-established, brand new, big and small. Projects from identity redesign to fully integrated campaigns fill our days. We focus on intelligent solutions, service, and personal relationships. We’re growing and there is significant opportunity to work on future projects.
- This is a full-time freelance/contract position from April-June 2018. You must live in/around NYC to be considered.
- Applicants must submit a resume and a portfolio link (or PDF).