Walker Zanger is seeking a Product Designer to join our corporate office in North Hills, Ca, located in the San Fernando Valley. Product Designer will work with the VP of Design & Marketing to create new tile product lines from ceramic, stone, glass and other materials. Under direction of VP of Design & Marketing, Product Designer will flesh out design concepts to create final specifications for various manufacturers and will guide the process of product development from design, prototyping and QC of initial mass production.
Specific Tasks include
· Taking sketches and germ ideas and developing them into final product specifications using 2d and 3d design software
· Prepare documentation for attaining copyrights for new product designs
· Communicating with manufactures regarding specifications of product designs, prototypes, pricing, etc.
· Travel to foreign and domestic manufacturers
· Attend trade shows to source new vendors and asses industry trends
· Maintaining product sample library
· Documenting design process digitally for use in marketing and social media
· Creating product guides for in house sales training
· Researching new product types and market trends
· Minimum BFA, or 5 years experience in product design. Experience in product design for home goods wall/floor coverings or other interior furnishings a plus
· Expertise with 21) and 3D modeling software, familiarity with Windows Office
· Excellent written communication skills
· Passion for design and decorative arts
· Ability to work with a team and carry out complex tasks with minimal supervision
About Walker Zanger
Walker Zanger is the industry leader in luxury stone and tile for homes and businesses. Since 1952 Walker Zanger has been designing exclusive products that reflect classic style and meet the needs of homeowners and design professionals.