Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending 40,000 fans to live events every day. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications daily. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Platform Engineer you will ensure the stability and scalability of Vivid Seats infrastructure. To maximize the flexibility and reliability of our platform, you’ll have the opportunity to build, deploy, and manage customized infrastructure as opposed to buying or outsourcing as a service. A few of the projects this approach has allowed our team to accomplish recently is deploying and managing: Kubernetes in our local development environment, a Kafka cluster to scale our OLTP, and Elasticsearch to power an in-house search engine. We continue to assess, prototype, and implement the latest technology to advance Vivid Seats technology stack and capability. Our Platform Engineers are set up for success by having a fundamental understanding of distributed systems, the desire to support development teams, and a passion to build tools that improve the efficacy of our technical operations.
This is a high visibility and high impact position with responsibility for both engineering departments, and several other critical business operations. You’ll automate to standardize pipelines, containerize applications, configure auto-scaling, and monitor a modern marketplace at scale that brings enjoyable experiences to fans everywhere.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A proven career working within a Linux operating system
- Experience in a SRE/DevOps capacity using an AWS environment leveraging offerings such as: VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, RDS and Aurora
- Experience in system programing (we use BASH and Python here)
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure management tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- The ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support across our full platform
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customer first