College of the Sequoias
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Applications Manager, the Programmer Analyst will design, create and maintain computer programs and systems to respond to user needs. This position will initially be assigned responsibilities for supporting Banner Student Module, and Ancillary Systems.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
• two years’ college-level course work in data processing and
• one year of computer programming experience
• Source Control – such as Git
• Database experience (Oracle or SQL Server preferred)
• Study existing systems and procedures of individual departments regarding requirements, organization flow of data, methods and forms.
• Develop programs according to the needs of individual departments; write new programs or modify existing programs as necessary.
• Perform a variety of complex duties as necessary to develop computer programs; analyze program objectives and design desired output.
• Develop and code batch processes and shell scripts. • Object-oriented programming.
• Test, check and refine programs by processing data through the system.
• Communicate with users to respond to requests for assistance or to explain proper use of programs. • Write or modify programming documentation in accordance with new or changed program.
• Remain current on developments in computer programming equipment, applications and techniques; participate in training programs as required.
• Utilize the District’s integrated software in performing the required duties of the position. • Perform related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 46AA ($28.44 hourly/$4,930 monthly).
• Salary increase after 6 months of satisfactory service; increases annually thereafter.
• Minimum 5% increase if promoted.
• 10-working month probationary period.
• Union membership upon employment.
• PERS Retirement.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance program for employee
• Employee life insurance ($100,000) is provided.
• Office environment. Physical Abilities
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to communicate with students/public.
• Ability to read documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
• Ability to reach in all directions.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible after the closing date. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
All costs incurred as a result of the application/selection process shall be borne by the candidate.
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline,
June 20, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form
• Letter of Interest which addresses your interest in this
position and the representative duties
• Copies of transcripts (Officials upon employment)
Human Resource Services (559) 730-3920
Position: 5595-c-02-18 College of the Sequoias CCD 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5 Visalia, CA 93277
Notice to all candidates for employment
“College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law.”
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation.”