OUR STORY AND HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
EVERYTHING BUT THE HOUSE (EBTH) is the world’s premier marketplace for one-of-a-kind items headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for antiques, the thrill of discovering something special, and a commitment to creating a unique global auction platform with an enthusiastic community of buyers and sellers. Whether sellers are looking to sell a collection, an entire estate or just a single unique item, EBTH’s full-service model – photography, cataloging, payment and delivery – makes the process easy and worthwhile. For buyers, the reach of an e-commerce platform and the starting bid of $1 for all items means they can access an impressive range of collectibles— from a purse to a Picasso – from anywhere in the world.
We’re seeking a curious and passionate Developer to join our technology team. You will be responsible for designing and building new features to support our growth and improve efficiency in business processes. Our team works in squads consisting of a product designer, a product manager and two developers.
As a young company, we move fast and take risks – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals that are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way that personal property is sold, bought, and moved across the country and across the world – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it!
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and deliver solutions to improve experience for our bidders, sellers, and employees.
- Build elegant and performant code, contribute to best practices, create innovative solutions and foster creativity.
- Collaborate with team members through pairing and code reviews to deliver code that matches best practices, and mentor junior team members in those practices.
- Support the help desk by investigating issues, supplying fixes, and creating workarounds when possible.
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas, solutions, and improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of development experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and written, with active listening and summarization skills.
- Expertise in your tools. We primarily use Git, Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL, and Docker.
- A solid grasp of Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- A desire to help teammates, a love for sharing knowledge and experiences, and a willingness to learn from others.
- Strong skill-set in creative problem solving.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
Remote work is a possibility for exceptional candidates.