Who We Are:
Chalk is a boutique brand and development shop located in Denver’s River North Arts District (RiNo).
We are a modest studio staking no claim in ‘changing the world;’ we’re not planning on ‘disrupting’ industries, and we’re certainly not ‘the Uber of’ anything. We’re a down-to-earth company looking to help some very cool people succeed.
We’re small, we’re driven, and we’re focused on providing the best solutions possible for our clients.
Who You Are:
While we’re sure you’re a simply lovely person, we need to make sure you have a few qualifications first:
- 2+ years development experience.
- Knowledge of Angular/React or another component-based framework, along with a smattering of other libraries - e.g., jQuery, LoDash/Underscore.
- Familiarity with version control tools (we use Git).
- Ability to perform QA on a myriad of devices with differing screen sizes and resolutions.
- Interest in your career as a craft - this includes researching new technologies, and perfecting your use of current ones.
- Ability to communicate well with both internal team members and external stakeholders.
- A self-starter that can be equally at home under supervision or controlling a project on her or his own.
That’s the gist of things, but the following certainly wouldn’t hurt:
- Familiarity with some server-side technologies. PHP, Node and/or Ruby comes to mind.
- Familiarity with Sketch
- Familiarity with CMS platforms (e.g., Wordpress).
- Familiarity with SEO techniques.
- Familiarity with ECMA 2016+
We have a flexible work schedule, will provide you with a shiny new Macbook Pro and some pretty posh digs for you to do your thing. If this sounds like your jam, send over your resumé and, (if you have one) your github username. The location of any past projects you worked on would be helpful as well.
We’re looking forward to working together!
NOTE: Please no recruiters, staffing agencies or 3rd party companies.
We place value on a true work/life balance. Flexible work schedule, with Friday afternoon’s off and extra vacation between Christmas and New Years.