Serious Eats is looking for a full-time designer, with 2-3 years of experience, to join our product team in Brooklyn, NY.
- Prototyping and designing new interfaces (user-facing and internal)
- Iterating and improving existing features and interfaces, based on metrics and testing
- Refining rough UX prototypes into visually polished designs while maintaining brand guidelines
- Collaborating with editorial, developers, and stakeholders across the company to design custom interactives and new initiatives.
- Creating mocks for pitches and ad products.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in visual design principles such as layout, iconography, typography, color theory, and motion.
- Deep understanding of web design across devices and platforms
- Familiarity with possibilities and limits of HTML/CSS/JS
- Rapid prototyping (paper, Marvel, Invision, html/css, etc)
- Fluency in design tools of choice (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience in user research and testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to wear different hats
Applications should include portfolio/samples of relevant work, via link or attachments.