Our Ecommerce Team is searching for a junior-to-mid level Front End Developer to join our IT group in Sunderland, Vermont. In this role you will be able to help move our application to a new content editing platform and craft front end features and components in our pattern library. The development team uses leading edge technologies such as ESNext, Angular5+, NgRx, NodeJS, MongoDB and are forward thinking to CSS-Grid, custom properties, custom elements, and other modules.
We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspires the individuals who will get us there. Our associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature. We invite and inspire associates to connect with the adventure and wonder of the outdoor world. Come join us in a life outdoors. We believe the most meaningful experiences are created by sharing the love of nature and being inspired by its endless possibilities.
In this role you will…
• Help mold our standards and performance metrics for fast and stable web applications
• Collaborate with front and back end developers to deliver our responsive web applications, primarily http://orvis.com/
• Work with a mentor to bounce ideas off and lead you through your career development
• Be encouraged to always learn and be curious
We are looking for someone who can…
• Understand component driven development and build highly reusable component patterns and libraries.
• Build performant web apps and know how performance effects distribution of content and the customer experience.
• Contribute to a stable, yet high performing web experience. This includes building automated tests and connecting our APIs to the display in the browser.
• Have experience with Angular5+or React and have a basic understanding of a flow-based architecture, such as with NgRx or Redux.
• Work with people. Collaborate, discuss, teach, support and deliver what is expected.
• Build a positive work atmosphere by building coworkers and never tearing them down.
We have a few requirements to apply:
• At least 2 years of experience in the front-end space
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Located in beautiful Southwestern Vermont, at the base of the Green Mountains, we work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work too. https://youtu.be/MM27eizRZo0