Office Administrator / Bookkeeper (Part-time)
Help run a dynamic startup AND work part-time for a few hours a day?
Yes and yes? Read on!
Who are we
What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact? How about all of the above?
Success? Yes, please! inFlow has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list.
Impact? Check! As the 24th member of our team, you would be instrumental in helping our company thrive.
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2-3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office other days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month at great restaurants
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 24th member of our tight-knit team (1st office administrator!)
Help a dynamic technology startup to keep their office running!
As our part-time office administrator, you will be helping with accounting-related tasks such as maintaining our books, issuing payroll, depositing cheques, etc. You will also be responsible for HR-related duties such as tracking benefits/vacation and onboarding new employees. Other office management responsibilities includes ordering office supplies, communicating with cleaners, etc.
The hours are flexible. We expect about 16 to 20 hours of work per week. You can work 4 hours per day Monday to Friday, or 6 hours every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. On Monday and Wednesday, you will need to come work at our office. For the other days, you can work from home. Again, we are flexible about the arrangement and can change based upon your needs.
What you’d do
- Update our accounting books through our accounting system (Quickbooks Online)
- Issue payroll through our online payroll system (Ceridian)
- Deposit incoming cheques, mail outgoing cheques, and issue bank transfers
- Liaison with our Chartered Accountant firm for tax filings
- Handle HR tasks such as employee benefits, expense reimbursements, vacation tracking, etc.
- Onboard new hires (eg. keeping records of their documents, adding them to our systems, etc.)
- Keep office operational (eg. order office supplies/groceries, communicate with cleaners, etc.)
- Coordinate company team events (eg. team lunches, company outings, etc.)
What we need from you
- Accounting knowledge. You understand concepts such as assets/liabilities, AR/AP, etc.
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks, Sage, Xero, etc).
- Great at Excel. Formulas and pivot tables won’t scare you.
- Multi-tasking. You can juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Longevity. You don’t change jobs every few months.
- Self-motivated. You do good work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to thrive in a small team with lots of freedom and independence
What are you waiting for? To apply, go to this webpage