Role: Graphic Designer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
Grace Farms Foundation has a compelling brand born out of our place and our mission and as our work has evolved and grown, we need a Graphic Designer to support the team. You will contribute to our internal and external visual communications through cross-media design, doing so with an eye for brand consistency. The Communications and Marketing team supports the work of our five programming initiatives as well as our public space making this a compelling role for designers who wish to work with a burgeoning brand in an architecturally inspiring space with a not-for-profit mission.
Each day will find you collaborating with our team preparing design concepts and layouts for the Foundation’s multi-channel visual communications. This will include: print collateral for daily operations, site specific design, retail items, PowerPoint presentations, event-related collateral, interior and exterior displays, graphics for social media posts, graphics for e-newsletters, and any future communications channels that creatively support our brand and mission awareness.
Ideal candidates will enjoy an opportunity to create simple and effective design solutions to complex communications needs, and will find the opportunity to elevate our brand in small and large projects, from template modification to the Foundation’s annual report. Each design will be guided by a strong understanding of the Foundation’s values and aspirations, presenting a strong concept and harmonious aesthetic.
You will also be responsible for infographics, charts, and nuanced ways of communicating outcomes of the Foundation’s work. You will enjoy creating mood boards and storyboards, and understand how to bring a project from ideation through rounds of feedback to completion on deadline, including the coordination of print production and press ready files.
Your professional expertise will also ensure that:
- All designed assets are created with a meticulous attention to detail, meeting requirements for color, balance, material, size, and aesthetic
- We follow established guidelines for all designs so that we can maintain our notable brand aesthetic.
- Print projects are press checked, produced within budget
- All digital collateral is tested internally with our team in collaboration with other departments as necessary prior to being launched to the public.
Competencies, Skills, and Requirements
- 5 years of creative design experience specifically in a client-facing/consumer brand environment.
- BA in Graphic Design required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and MailChimp.
- HTML is a plus
- Interactive motion graphics and experience with interactive Powerpoint/Keynote presentations are a plus.
- You thrive in environments that require attention to detail while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
* If this sounds like an exciting role and mission, please submit a resume AND a link to your portfolio materials.
* Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
* Positive Work Environment
Grace Farms Foundation aspires to advance good in the world, providing a peaceful respite and porous platform to experience nature, encounter the arts, pursue justice, foster community, and explore faith.
Grace Farms Foundation supports initiatives in the areas of nature, arts, justice, community, and faith, and encourages participation locally and globally. The Foundation carries out its work through the publicly available facilities and integrated programs of Grace Farms, an 80-acre property owned and operated by the Foundation. Grace Farms was established as an essential platform for the Foundation, serving as a welcoming place where individuals, not-for-profit organizations, and government entities come together to collaborate for the common good.
About Grace Farms
Grace Farms encompasses 80 acres of open space, with an architecturally significant building and has won 12 awards for architecture, sustainability, and social good.
Grace Farms is accessible and free to the public six days a week, with meaningful program offerings, recreational spaces for all ages, publicly available art, walking trails, gathering spaces, a library, and a state-of-the art indoor amphitheater.
Grace Farms Foundation, Inc. established in 2009, is a private operating foundation with 501c3 status in New Canaan, Connecticut. We fully opened to the public in October 2015. The Foundation is apolitical and an equal opportunity employer.
Our team members join from diverse backgrounds and experiences and are united by a passion for our mission to advance good in the world. Each person contributes in an entrepreneurial setting to support our five initiatives and create an environment of grace and peace for the local, national, and global community.