We are looking to add a new web designer/developer to our MOD-Lab team. MOD-Lab is a design and digital team for the social good sector. We partner with amazing clients that are committed to doing good. We help them bring their ideas to life. We are a distributed team with a home base in Brooklyn, NY.
We are looking for someone that will be passionate about the missions of our clients. The position is remote with availability needed during regular work hours (9am - 5pm Eastern). This is an important and versatile role to produce high quality communication and interface design as well as to be able to code them. We are looking for someone who wants to help us continue to offer great value and who can contribute to growing and bettering our team.
- Self motivated learner who is passionate about web design and coding
- Ever-developing understanding of the capabilities and limitations of latest web technologies and how that relates to design
- Understanding of what makes a good user experience
- Agency Experience (small or large)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Experience with direct communication with clients and vendors
- Can work collaboratively with and can take direction from an Art Director
- Manage multiple projects and tasks
- Meticulous about quality — you test your own work, you care about your role in delivering the team’s design vision
- At least 3 years of professional design experience
- Created digital design concepts that support our Client’s organizational and project goals
- Participated in strategy as it relates to design (i.e. providing feedback on wireframes and site outlines)
- Website production including adapting designs to work well responsively
- Style guide development
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 3 years of professional front end coding experience
- CMS build experience a significant plus - we work with Craft, Statamic, and static site generators like Hugo
- HTML, CSS, Sass, Twig, Tailwind CSS
- Website workflow technologies including Git, Gulp, Webpack
- Code for performance
- Code for WCAG accessibility compliance
What We Offer
- A team committed to making each other better
- A strong commitment to work/life balance resulting in flexibilities in schedule and normalization of work hours
- Amazing clients
- Projects with interesting breadth from communication websites to web applications
- Salary from $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience
- Health benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
Independent Candidates only! — No firms/agencies please.
We are interested in someone in the Northeast US though open to any US based candidates.
If interested in joining our team, please take a look at our website (https://mod-lab.com) to get to know some of our clients and our work. If you like what you see then respond to share more about yourself and how your skills and interests align with ours.