Swell, based in Los Angeles, CA, is a digital and creative agency that is working on some of the most pressing issues of today: homelessness, poverty, water and the environment. We are helping to change policy at the local and state level. We are not a traditional agency. We like to win. And we only work on issues that matter.
As a Swell Senior Full-Stack Engineer with Wordpress experience, you’ll extend Swell’s approach (as described above) to all of your projects and bring a holistic approach to your thinking. You value logic, reason, and fight for frictionless user experiences. You hate hearing “mobile first” because it’s almost 2019; you’re very aware, have dealt with AMP, and thensome. You’re a natural partner and collaborator to our design team and enjoy working together on vision and execution. You’re willing to open-mindely challenge your own and others’ ideas, but also commit to the ultimate direction when the time comes. You thrive on delivering the highest standard of work. This is a full-time, in-house position at our office in Downtown, L.A.
- Build out new features and improve existing functionality on current Swell Wordpress websites. You’ll be heading up both front-end and back-end development, problem solving, and optimization.
- Based on requirements for new projects, help us evaluate new CMS solutions and build to spec.
- Diagnose and craft solutions for cross-browser / device inconsistencies and bugs.
- Collaborate with team members to contribute rock solid code in a continuous deployment environment.
- Challenge our Engineering Tao. Make us better as a whole.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
- Be ready to evaluate third-party add-ons, APIs, and integrations and take charge of seeing the development through.
- 5+ years managing and mentoring team members; collaborative and team-oriented. We do not work in silos at Swell.
- Expert in responsive design and development
- Experience using Git or other version tracking software.
- Familiar with pre-processors and similar tools.
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Familiar with JS frameworks like Backbone.js, React/Flux, or AngularJS (we may have some projects that require this)
We have great benefits and perks: We cover a fair amount of your health benefits; additionally, we cover 50% of dental and vision. If you elect to participate, we contribute 3% of your income to your IRA. Free, healthy snacks and really, really good coffee
Please send your portfolio, CV, and cover letter; this position is available now.