Great Opportunity for a Creative, Dependable, Self-Starting, Team Playing
Junior Applications Developer!
Cierant Corporation recently established a development center in the Charlottesville, VA area and is seeking a Junior Application Developer to become part of our expanding team in this new office. At Cierant Corporation we offer a flexible schedule to meet work/life balance. In addition to a generous benefits package, we believe in developing our employees! If this sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in, please read on…
Cierant Corporation is a marketing software and service company with specialized practices in three major industry areas: healthcare, consumer packaged goods and retail marketing, and publishing. We deliver bespoke enterprise application implementations to large enterprises. Check us out at www.cierant.com
As a certified woman-owned enterprise, we are committed to offering our employees an exceptional place to work, learn and advance their careers while maintaining an effective work-life balance. Our team is filled with hikers, musicians, actors, gardeners, cooks, cyclists, moms, dads, sons, daughters…in short…real people. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), etc…) and a real commitment to letting our people develop real skills here at work, and outside the office.
Our move into Charlottesville, VA is based on a belief that the area is magnet for the type of people we think will make great additions to our team —-people with a passion for education, technology and entrepreneurial success, seamlessly interwoven for a love of community, the outdoors, the arts, and the world beyond work.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our ideal candidate will be a creative, dependable, self-starter who takes initiative, can meet deadlines and communicate well while functioning in a small team environment in the development, implementation, integration and maintenance of applications in our marketing portals and automation team. We are looking for developers who can work in C# .NET deployed in an AWS host environment, including integration with industry leading platforms for business intelligence, document customization and eDelivery. The team will work on development of bespoke enterprise systems to support marketing automation, collaboration and budget management. Positive, can-do attitudes go a long way in our company…..
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Coding, testing and documentation for enterprise application implementations
· Working with local team and our Danbury, CT headquarters team to troubleshoot issues
· Creating documents such as release plans for production releases
· Deploying and debug applications in the development environment
· Troubleshooting environmental issues in QA
· Completing technical development tasks pertaining to applications per approved projects and allocated budgets
· Multi-tiered custom application design & development
QUALIFICATIONS WERE LOOKING FOR:
· 2-4 years of experience in (Application development, Infrastructure Engineer, Software Engineer).
· 2-4 years of experience with developing .NET Web applications.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial project environment
· Microsoft Skills: C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio
· Experience in deployment of cloud-based applications, preferably in AWS environment
· Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, and SOAP)
· Knowledge or experience with programming around Xmpie
SOME PREFERRED SKILLS:
· BS/BA in Computer Science or a related discipline
· Microsoft Skills: MVC, Razor, PowerApps, Flow, InfoPath
· Security skills: SAML, Oauth,
· Understanding of basic agile development methodologies
· Comprehension of n-Tier architectures
· Understands SOAs and service layer interactions
· Should be knowledgeable of Source Code Control tools, preferably Git
· Understanding of SQL database principals including database triggers, SQL syntax and stored procedures.
· Excellent communication both written and verbal
· Strong Web Development Experience preferred
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Culture and Environment – we are looking for the best of the best to support our clients! We want creative, innovative thinkers that get energized from challenge and take it head on! We welcome positive, enthusiastic folks that are upbeat and team spirited.
Work/life balance - If you need to work from home, we are flexible –as long as the work gets done and deadlines are met! Although, not entirely remote, we offer extremely flexible work schedules.
401k Retirement Plan & Profit Sharing Plan – we have a very generous company match.
Flex Spending Account (aka FLEX Section 125 – Cafeteria Plan) –helps you put aside pre-tax dollars, reducing your taxable income…so, it saves you money in the long run.
Education Reimbursement, skills training, seminars and webinars – we want the best employees so, we encourage you to seek educational opportunities!
High Speed Internet Subsidy Program – we’ll offset your cost.
Vacation - paid time to relax and enjoy life!
Holiday/Floating Holiday Pay – 6 paid company observed holidays and an additional 6 floating holidays of your choice, we’ve got you covered.
Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment – Cierant pays 100% of the premium for our employees.
Short Term Disability Insurance - We pay 100% of the premium for our amazing employees.
Long Term Disability Insurance - Cierant pays 100% of the premium for our employees.
Major Medical and Dental plans – we subsidize some of the premium cost to make it more affordable for our employees.
Employee Discounts – we’ve partnered with various vendors to offer our employees discounts on movie tickets, movie rentals, Broadway shows, theme parks, sporting events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and much more! Happy employees make satisfied clients!
PLEASE READ: Cierant will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We “DO NOT” provide sponsorship or relocation.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Cierant is a Woman Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
· We are a fun group. · We love what we do. · We work in a business casual environment. · We value your ideas. We will value you! · We offer great benefits and flexible schedules!
INTERESTED? Tell us why you want to join Cierant and what your “salary requirements” are. You can apply right on this site or resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are a smart, super talented Developer who is looking for a challenge we’d love to hear from you.