Nearly half of students who start at 4-year colleges still won’t have a degree 6 years later…yet K12 education is still not aligned to career outcomes…
Which is why MajorClarity is working to level the playing field for K12 student college and career outcomes. We partner with K12 school divisions to help them lower the opportunity cost of students authentically exploring career paths and then help schools and students better understand how to get to their dream job (whether that’s what classes to take, or what colleges or apprenticeships to check out).
With such an important and impactful mission at hand, we take our work very seriously; however, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We value taking ownership no matter the task at hand, high-performance, and accountability, but also provide our team with the flexibility they need to be at their best (whether PTO or remote work days).
Within 2 years of launching our platform, we cover nearly 2% of students in the U.S. and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us change the scope of K-12 Education in the U.S.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be working across our full stack directly with our CEO and company leadership to build out new features, optimize platform performance, help design and build sustainable architecture as we grow and scale, and help shape our agile product development processes. This is a unique opportunity to put your mark on a product with a high degree of autonomy. We are looking for someone who can not only code but also brings creativity and a desire to experiment and iterate quickly.
-You care about writing clean, concise code
- You’re a generalist that carefully selects the right tool for the job
- You have at least some experience working with Ruby or can show an aptitude for quickly learning via previous web development experience with similar languages (Python, PHP, Java, Perl)
- You are your own manager - you’re capable of designing and building features from scratch based on the end goal and seeing them through to implementation while communicating effectively
- You thrive in a dynamic environment that is high performance and mission-driven, and enjoy working with a team of fun, dedicated people
Icing on the Cake
- Experience leading or mentoring engineers
- Interest in visual design and delighting users
- Experience in EdTech
- Passions outside of writing software
- Experience building platforms with high numbers of users and interactions
- Experience developing microservices
Technologies We Use
- Ruby 2.5
- Rails 5.1
- Amazon ECS
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Opportunity for some remote work
- Paid parental leave
Flexible paid time off; Paid parental leave; Health Insurance; Part remote work available; Free downtown parking