How will you invent the future?
As a Web Developer at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
Join a Global Digital Marketing IT team to help us build beautiful web solutions which solve important problems and improve human health. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with web development teams, UX/Design teams, and end users across the world. The candidate will create web solutions which help connect patients with important therapies. The candidate will create responsive web sites which work on any browser/device and run on scalable cloud platforms using modern development techniques.
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
The Web Developer is responsible for modernizing web development and delivery. This role will help establish new standards, guidelines, and tools.
- You have 2+ years web development experience
- You are an expert at writing HTML and CSS
- You are skilled at Responsive Web Design
- You’re comfortable developing outside of any CSS frameworks (no Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
- You know the ins and outs of WordPress (configuration, parent/child themes, plugins)
- You are versed with MySQL databases, CSS pre-processors, RESTful API integration, and Git version control
- You understand design, UI, and UX concepts, and are able to translate these concepts to technical implementations
- You have experience optimizing sites for performance
The ideal candidate would also be familiar with DevOps, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure Engineering techniques, and cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- 2 or more years of experience developing for the web and for mobile devices
- A solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
- Expertise with MySQL databases, CSS pre-processors, RESTful API integration, and Git version control
- Experience optimizing sites for performance
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business
- Experience using Agile techniques including Scrum
- WordPress experience (configuration, parent/child themes, plugins)
- Experience in implementing responsive web applications on the Amazon cloud
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.