Location: New York
That’s Nice LLC is a New York City science marketing agency of 30+ people providing market research, strategic positioning and brand-focused marketing to meet the needs of clients in pharmaceutical development, healthcare and associated segments.
We are seeking a fulltime multi-disciplinary designer with 4 - 6 years post-college experience fulltime at a design firm, studio or marketing firm. (ad agency designers should not apply). The successful candidate must be highly proficient with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (using Adobe CS5 suite), and at doing their own production—it is essential that you can complete projects from concept to delivery.
That’s Nice works for clients in materials and life science industries—specialty manufacturing, biologics and pharmaceutical markets. Experience in these sectors would, therefore, be an advantage; however, a background working with high-volume information graphics would also be well-suited to our work. We are not looking for editorial, in-house or packaging designers.
This position requires a highly creative person who can work through and manage integrated projects from concept to production. There is no team management responsibility but candidates must be able to work independently, handling many projects at one time, and also collaborate in a team environment—interpreting direction from design directors, assisting interns and utilizing other skilled staff around them. This position requires the handling of large volumes of technical information, file management, research, layout design and new creative mood board design. Above all, excellent typography skills and experience building files to finished production standards using all Adobe CS5 programs are a must. We do not have a production department and all released files must be print ready.
A traditional background in print design with interest in working in many different media would be an advantage—work will be primarily print and branding based. (Programmers, animators and motion-graphic designers need not apply).
- At least 4 - 6 years post-college experience fulltime at a design firm, studio or marketing firm.
- Ability to collaborate with Lead Creatives, Sales / Account teams and Directors.
- Assisting Design Directors and Designers with client projects.
- Supporting Account and Sales Teams.
- Assisting with internal communications and brand updates.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal staff.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work to meet tight deadlines - includes managing your own time.
- Contribution to the development of new print collateral and promotional pieces throughout the year.
- Ability to work in a variety of mediums / disciplines – and have a drive to learn more.
- Currently located in NYC
- The role will often work in conjunction with a team of writers and web programmers, and is expected to integrate and compromise effectively on project execution with the common goal of exceeding the client’s needs.
- This role is office-based, in an open space with other staff, visitors in and out and music playing, which creates a lively environment.
- The Designer reports to the Design Directors and also to appropriate Account Managers and other Directors on designated projects.
- The Designer will need to read, understand and follow standard office practices, procedures and policies.
Hours, Remuneration & Benefits
- Basic hours of work are five days per week (Mon-Fri), 9am – 6.30pm, with 1 hour lunch. Additional hours may be necessary at times to complete projects under deadlines.
- Nine public holiday days across the year are observed with office closure.
- Bonus: Performance-based financial bonuses
- Benefits: Eligibility after 12 weeks probationary period (Aetna health plans, dental plans, vision plans, life insurance, disability plans, AD&D plans, commuter benefit options)
- Vacation: 15 paid days annually, earned after 12 week probation (pro-rated to calendar year)
- Sickness: 5 paid days annually, earned after 12 week probation (pro-rated to calendar year)