Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based technology solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity. For more information, please visit www.grandrounds.com.
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, to understand, and to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to craft a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight, collaborative team of product designers, marketing designers, and user experience researchers, working in close partnership with our product management and engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all our users - from our award-winning Care Team, to our doctors and clinicians, to the members that use our products every day. We realize that we have the opportunity to transform a confusing and archaic system and we relish the challenge of making life better for the people that need us the most.
We’re looking for a deeply curious Lead UX researcher who is intrigued by the uniqueness of each person, while being able to discern the patterns in group behaviors. If you strive to understand the underlying motivations of seemingly contradictory decision making, in order to help companies and individual help themselves, we might have a perfect role for you.
You’re excited to own an entire research portfolio and program end-to-end. You know the kind of questions that can benefit from your experience and expertise, and you’re eager to find and share the answers. You’ve run qualitative research studies that have uncovered insights that have changed the course of your Products - and you’ve helped your team feel confident when they’re on the right track.
You are passionate about generative research. You know that we’re often answering the wrong question and that a little more digging often uncovers the question that we should be asking. You’re comfortable telling the organization uncomfortable truths about what we’re doing - with clarity, compassion, and conviction.
Cross-functional peers across the organization come to you for advice on how to better understand the impact they’re delivering in marketing, sales, and support. Your clear and inviting communication brings people along, and your empathy and connection let them see the world from the user’s perspective.
Your work demonstrates your strengths, and an innate curiosity to understand people’s needs and working styles. You build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and front-line support. You value open and honest discussion and are always looking to learn. You wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience and want to make healthcare delightful.
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users, showcasing the value you’ve delivered.
- Excitement in helping teams define the problems they’re trying to solve, coupled with passion for getting them to the answers they need.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in UX Research, with an emphasis on supporting the creation of useful, usable, and delightful products
- Experience with developing, testing, and refining research based on best-practices, foundational methodologies, and emerging understanding of human behavior. Confident with a variety of prototyping and user research methodologies.
- Deep comfort with current research methodologies, accessible web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer design experiences
- Compelling communication capabilities. You understand that sharing the insights is the most impactful part of what you do.
- Experience with Design Sprints. Double bonus points for facilitation exposure.
- Setting up user research programs in a B2B2C world
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing to refine our messaging so it reflects the power of our brand and our tools
- Real passion for the Grand Rounds product suite; belief that our services can transform how we access and utilize healthcare
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.