Craft the platforms and tools used by thousands of independent retailers and makers to grow their businesses.
This is an exciting moment to work at Faire. We are using the power of technology to connect makers and boutiques from all over the world, and building a thriving community of over 10,000 small business owners. Our innovative online marketplace uses machine learning to match local retailers with the makers of products that uniquely fit their stores. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams.
By joining Faire you’ll be at the forefront of a rapidly changing retail landscape and will help us build a future that, we truly believe, is local. We’d love for you to join the movement.
About the Role
Design is essential to achieving Faire’s vision and our team is responsible for setting and delivering best-in-class design experiences.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to shape new products from the ground up. You’ll optimize our foundation of core products to drive the next phase of growth for our company. You’ll bring best practices and experience that will improve workflows across our teams and evolve and strengthen our design systems and standards. We’ll trust you to champion customer needs and maintain a clear understanding of the business goals throughout the lifecycle of every project you work on.
We’re a small but mighty team in a high-growth company. We’re looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset and a genuine curiosity and desire to learn about the wholesale, retail, and maker industries.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with product and engineering to define and execute high-priority goals.
- Lead by example and bring best practices and design methodologies to the team.
- Mentor designers on your team and help level-up the entire team.
We’re excited about you because you bring…
- A strong design portfolio that exhibits an appreciation and mastery of design principles, an attention to detail, and a clear point of view.
- 5+ years working experience—ideal past experience includes consumer-facing and B2B technology companies in the e-commerce, retail, and marketplace sectors.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline including: interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, UX, or graphic design.
- Experience as a team lead. You can facilitate discussions and lead through ambiguity.
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can present design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience.
- A collaborative approach. You believe that product, design, and engineering decisions are inextricably linked and aim to be a great partner to other designers and stakeholders across the company. You respect and value other’s input and feedback.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. You’re open to changing your opinion with new information or understanding of product goals. You’re willing to work outside your comfort zone and are excited about learning and growing to take your professional skills and career to the next level.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital and physical touch points in the Faire ecosystem.
- Define product and user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Conduct qualitative research and leverage quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies. Validate and test hypotheses with lightweight research conducted directly with makers and retailers.
- Define and work through complex end-to-end UX flows for all core and uncommon user scenarios and profiles.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Evolve and improve our design systems and standards.
- Clearly present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to stakeholders.
- Ensure work meets business goals, and is built effectively and efficiently, by getting feedback early and often from the product and engineering teams.
- Positively shape the design team’s culture through mentorship, feedback, and process iteration.
- Experience with user research is a plus as we grow and integrate research into our agile design practice.
- Experience designing across both web-based products and iOS applications.
- Experience and fluency with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Framer and other design software.
- You’re a maker or retailer yourself and bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey.
- You bring a range of experience and inspiration from many creative influences such as architecture, fine art, and photography.
- Competitive Compensation + Equity
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Daily Lunch & Dinner Service
- Culture of learning
- Well-being at work
- Health credit for gyms
- Paid Time Off
- Offsites & Happy Hours
Read more about our core values.
Faire in the News
- Investors are Obsessed with Handmade Crafts Right Now, Bloomberg
- Small is the Next Big Thing in Retail — Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Distinguished VCs Back Wholesale Marketplace Faire — TechCrunch
- The Story of Faire — Max Rhodes, CEO, Faire
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Free lunch and dinner