Beachy helps beach resorts and beachside vendors grow their business by providing a modern mobile and web-based booking platform and point-of-sale. Beachy is used in hundreds of locations across Florida, Alabama, and the east coast and we have multiple products that serve different user personas in beachside commerce. We are an early stage, high-growth company with big goals. We move fast and are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use, valuable products for our clients.
As UI/UX Designer, your responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Here’s what you can expect to do in this role:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
And here’s what we’d like to see in your past experience:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Team-first spirit
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- A passion for usability and simplicity
- Bonus points for experience working in the food & beverage hospitality or point-of-sale worlds
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent work experience
By delivering our customers an exceptional Beachy product, our mission is to give every beachgoer the vacation of a lifetime every time. Our founders have solid experience in technology, entrepreneurship, and beachside businesses. Our staff count is less than 20 people, but we are growing fast and this role has major potential to make a big impact on the growth and success of the business.
This is a full-time role with benefits and equity. Our ideal candidate would live in the Nashville, TN area or is already looking to relocate here.