– Accepting applications
UX/Product Designer (Full-time Freelance Contract)
The MLS Tech Products team is looking for a killer mid-level product designer with legit chops, relevant experience and an interest in soccer. You will join our small internal team on a full-time freelance basis to help us as we continue through a complete, piece-by-piece redesign of our digital products.
MLS is full of passionate, talented, and self-motivated people, and we take a highly collaborative approach to our work. Design is involved in all phases of a project to ensure we’re building products that people actually use and appreciate, so you’ll need a full range of UX, organization, system thinking, prototyping and UI design skills to attack these challenges.
As a Contract Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for a variety of assigned features and projects, functioning as an extension of the internal team through short-burst design sprints and lots of collaboration. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to assigned projects through breakout creative sessions, research, concept boards, wireframes, flows, visual design, and hand off
- Partner with the design team as we continue to expand, organize, and streamline our design system with components, patterns and shared libraries
- Express ideas and solutions through sketches, quick prototypes, and/or diagrams
- Present ideas to the Design Director, VP of Product and other stakeholders
- Be responsible for your weekly assignments through self-organization, communication, and time management
- Participate in daily standup meetings and impromptu collaborative discussions
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have at least 2-3 years of product experience under your belt
- Are highly organized
- Have a polished portfolio showcasing digital products
- Work iteratively and can think from a user’s perspective
- Are self-motivated and can learn new skills quickly
- Can communicate well in person and remotely
- Have experience working with Sketch, Zeplin, Principle, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have cross-platform experience, as well as prototyping experience
- Have experience creating or maintaining designing systems
This position will be a full-time freelance contract for 2019, and will either be a mix of on-site and remote work (for local NYC candidates) or fully remote work (for strong candidates from elsewhere).
If you’re interested, you can get a glimpse into a bit of our team and how we think here: