Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Senior Web Designer to join our growing marketing team to create effective user experiences for our marketing websites and help shape our online presence. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience with user interface and user experience design, content architecture, and visual design principles. If you are looking for a way to utilize your fresh and creative abilities in our Marketing and Communications department, don’t hesitate to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain SEL websites.
- Create new visual designs for use on the web, or apply existing SEL styles to new web projects
- Work closely with web and graphic designers, developers, writers, and project managers to ensure websites support overall company business strategies.
- Ensure web designs and projects are built and tested in a manner consistent with user-centered design principals, including low- and hi-fidelity prototyping, usability testing, functional testing, and alignment with best practices.
- Participate with designers in formal and informal design critiques. Be a constructive member of the design team.
- Define, measure, and improve website design, development, and maintenance processes.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in web design, interactive media, graphic design, or related program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years demonstrable experience designing user interfaces for web and mobile
- Works well in a team environment, able to collaborate, critique, receive critique, and clearly/creatively communicate design rationale
- Demonstrable experience with modern HTML5 and CSS3 web design patterns, including mobile and responsive websites.
- Experience designing within established design system.
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to continuously learn and communicate technical information.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
- Negative drug test result(s).
- Experience designing and developing layouts and templates for web content management systems
- Experience with web accessibility and ADA compliance
- Experience with Online Ordering systems and processes
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors, such as LESS or SASS
- Deep knowledge and understanding of user-centered design techniques and principles
- Experience presenting concepts, running meetings, and developing project plans
- Able to develop personas, scenarios, storyboards, design sketches, and rapid prototypes
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you’ll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Friday Lunches (company-wide), continuing education benefits, and more!