The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a Front End Web Developer.
UW-Milwaukee is recognized as one of the country’s top research universities. With more than 190 academic programs, UWM offers a world class education to more than 25,000 students from more than 90 countries. UW-Milwaukee partners with businesses throughout the region, conducting joint research and offering
internships to students enrolled in its 14 schools and colleges. UWM’s 104-acre central campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper east side, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students.
As the Front-end Web Developer at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, you play an integral role building the UWM brand and supporting key university priorities and recruitment initiatives. Working collaboratively with the Integrated Marketing & Communication team and schools, colleges and departments, this position plays a primary role in the design and technical development of UWM.edu websites, campaign landing pages and other digital marketing components. The Front-end Web Developer brings the latest in industry trends to projects and processes and ensures that the highest quality of standards is met throughout every phase of the creative and production process. You leverage and champion organizational branding and implementation standards in your work and always strive to provide the best possible user-experience and information architecture for all site visitors and on all devices.
- Bachelor’s degree by date of hire
- Demonstrated proficiency in producing wireframes, design mockups and functional prototypes
- Experience working with brand and implementation standards, such as design systems or pattern libraries
- Experience with development for content management systems
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git, and front-end build tools, such as Gulp or Webpack
- Experience designing and developing highly usable websites through conventions such as accessibility compliance and taking a mobile-first approach
- Demonstrated ability to work on a project independently and as part of a team consisting of multiple web developers/designers
- Experience with user interaction tracking and Google Analytics
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that involves juggling multiple assignments and initiatives
- Experience managing all aspects of a website project from initial planning to launch, including working directly with clients, managing scope and timeline, providing creative solutions to problems and working closely with other project team members
UW- Milwaukee offers:
Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules Challenging and progressive career development Competitive salary Excellent comprehensive benefits package On-site health & wellness programs On-site affordable day care Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
Applicants should submit an application letter addressing the educational and professional qualifications above, a professional resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. In addition, please provide a screen capture or link for each of the following: (1) your coding/development work, (2) your versioning repository commits from a recent project and short explanation of the project team roles, and (3) your design work.
For this position applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, e-mailed or faxed applications.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.