Serves as one of three deputy directors in the Department of Information Technology (DIT), reporting to the director of the Department of Information Technology/Chief Technology Officer for Digital Experience and Technology Innovation, responsible for enterprise platforms and supporting county-wide strategic initiatives. As a thought leader, provides direction for digitization, public experience, data architecture, analytics, business intelligence (BI), artificial intelligence (AI), and new IT strategies, defining a technology innovation roadmap to recognize and stimulate implementable ideas that forward county innovation goals. Duties include:
- Leads efforts to improve the county’s digital presence in a web, data, and mobile environments.
- Advises county leadership on digitization and broadband opportunities.
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to define digital technology needs, develop solutions and balances expectations.
- Develops, implements and maintains the enterprise architecture program for applications and data management.
- Establishes a comprehensive data strategy, open data and data analytics.
- Ensures seamless process for integrating technology solutions across platforms.
- Reports on performance and digital experience using key metrics and alignment of county goals.
- Provides oversight coordinating the activities and staff in various reporting divisions in DIT, to include several related specialty IT business practice areas and enterprise-wide platforms for WEB, CRM, Document/Content Management, GIS and Digital Archives divisions, and strategic business applications that cut across multiple county agencies.
- Manages, coaches and develops an assigned team of directors and branch managers in DIT.
- Acts as the director/agency head in the absence of the Department Head.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a master’s degree in information technology, computer science, business, telecommunications, or a related field; plus ten years of increasingly responsible experience in applying information technology to meet the needs of a government or business organization.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Senior leadership experience in managing and providing oversight to multi-disciplinary IT technical professionals. Strong leadership and influencing skills within a complex, matrixed environment; able to gain support and cooperation and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members to achieve results without direct organizational control. Must have knowledge of WEB, CRM and GIS technologies. Experience in Big Data, Smart Cities and digital technology a plus. A consistent track record of translating a vision into execution in a dynamic, multi-faceted environment. A high level of comfort working with ambiguity or uncertainty and converting information into quantifiable concepts.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and credit check.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, performed in a normal office environment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
The closing date for this job announcement is listed as “continuous.” Interested applicants are advised to submit their application as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants referred on a continuous basis. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.