Media Molecule are seeking an experienced web designer to help expand our ambitious new PlayStation 4 title, Dreams, on to the web. We’re not seeking someone who lives just in the world of Sketch or PhotoShop, handing over designs to a developer. We’re after someone with strong visual design ability and a level of technical ability you’d expect from years of experience working on the web.
As a Web Designer, you’ll love creating visually stunning, enjoyable experiences on the web. The web is a passion for you, its constantly evolving potential as a platform for creativity excites you! Because of that, you’re in tune with what’s happening in the latest of web technologies.
Be it desktop, tablet, mobile or TV - the web is on all of these devices, and more. You’ll have experience in producing sites that adapt their visual design for the device being used, as well as enhancing their functionality based on the devices abilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of the Web Team at Media Molecule
- Creating high quality designs for new features on indreams.me, the community portal and web counterpart to our ambitious creative platform, Dreams
- Taking your designs to the browser with handwritten HTML and CSS
- Responding to feedback and helping to fix issues, as part of support of indreams.me as a live service
- Working alongside the server and Dreamiverse teams, ensuring cohesion between the game and the web in your work
- Helping to shape and evolve the future of indreams.me, ensuring it is an integral part of the Dreams experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and producing high quality websites, with a strong online portfolio showcasing this
- Solid skills in your choice of leading graphics software, such as Sketch or Photoshop
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience creating responsive sites from the ground up
- A sharp attention to detail and an eye for pixel-perfect design
- Good knowledge of the latest web tools and technologies
- Able to work on own initiative or work well in a team
- Be a creative person with interesting hobbies and interests!
- Player of video games
- Experience with any of the following technologies: SASS, Node.js, React is advantageous
- Experience with design systems or pattern libraries is advantageous
A little bit about you
You’ll be a creative person with unique hobbies and interests. You’re always turned on by the quirky, crafty, little things in life. You might keep a sketchbook, run a photo blog, make your own clothes; however you express your love of these things, you’d say it was part of what defined you.
Be part of a talented, diverse team of people, a top benefits package; private health and life insurance, income protection, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, organic fruit and a fabulous lunch every day from our two in-house chefs.