The Marketing & Communications division of Rollins College is seeking an Associate Director of Web Development to join our team. You will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of web applications and enterprise system capabilities on the College’s internet sites, along with back-end system configuration/integration and server implementation/development to support campus-wide initiatives and goals. We will rely on your expertise to manage the interchange of data between the server and users. Primary focus will involve developing all server-side logic, maintaining the database and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end, which requires integrating front-end elements built by coworkers into the applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in the web application development lifecycle, gathering business requirements, developing the application and coordinating testing and client approval
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues, accessibility and security compliance and content management systems (CMS)
- Experience creating functional specifications and estimations for projects
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Ability to design and build relational database applications and perform data acquisition and migration
- Experience managing a hosting environment, including database administration
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida,
a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Candidates may apply online through the Rollins College employment website. Apply link: https://jobs.rollins.edu/en-us/job/492906/associate-director-of-web-development
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.