About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: Gore’s pioneering contributions to the science of comfort and protection create fabrics for a range of activities and conditions. Learn More.
About the Role: SITKA® Gear, a subsidiary of Gore and the hunting industry’s fastest growing brand of technical and performance apparel, is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our team in Bozeman, Montana. Beginning with our introduction of premium hunting apparel, and extending to every element of our business, SITKA is committed to continually advancing the hunting industry. We approach the ever-changing world of creative/content development with the same conviction to change our industry. From our industry-leading photojournalistic stories to insightful documentation of systems and technology, our Graphic Designer will collaborate with the Content Producer and Brand Director to develop, create and deliver remarkable, “on-brand” design that leads the industry and propels the SITKA brand forward.
The ideal candidate will be wildly creative and capable of a wide range of styles, have a deep understanding of the principles of visual storytelling through both digital and print design, have a passion for premium brand communication, detail, and a commitment to excellence, appreciate and seek constructive criticism because they strive to deliver the best work, be energized by working with a world-class, decentralized creative team with diverse personalities and quirks, and contribute to SITKA’s team culture.
- Developing, creating and delivering graphic design needs for marketing collateral across all channels including sitkagear.com, social media, digital and print advertising, wholesale POP, events, product hangtags and packaging, etc.
- Delivering on time, on budget and in alignment with SITKA’s Style Guide and Brand
- Effectively interpreting and executing on creative direction and feedback loops to achieve desired goals
- Partnering with Content Producer and Content Project Manager to align on project goals, scope, deadlines and creative direction
- Ensuring that print and digital production files meet distribution specifications
- Publishing finalized assets to the SITKA DAM and maintaining file organization and permissions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic design and premium brand experience
- Advanced proficiency in the following: Macintosh OS X, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), Keynote, FTP file transfer
- Mastery of vector- or raster-based programs, color profiles, file formats, and ability to produce to specifications across all mediums
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Provide examples from a digital portfolio of relevant work and styles
- Clear working knowledge of the graphic design landscape including modern design trends and typography
- Deep understanding of premium product branding, preferably in apparel and ability to communicate emotion through design
- Attention to detail toward color palettes, image curation, font styles and illustrations
- A high level of emotional intelligence, flexibility and ability to lead by example in times of stress, while providing impeccable follow through with internal and external teams
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Exhibit strong organizational skills, managing multiple deadline driven projects while remaining flexible with shifting priorities to meet the business need
- Understand and adopt the style, tone, and voice of a brand
- Relocation to Bozeman, Montana
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science or related field
- Illustration design
- Basic hunting knowledge with an appreciation for the hunting lifestyle
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
Learn more about: benefits, diversity, and growth & development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions via contact us.
North America-United States-Montana-Bozeman
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Day (1st shift)