Tendermint Inc builds and maintains critical state-of-the-art infrastructure for decentralized applications, such as Tendermint Core & Cosmos SDK. We are also the primary builder of the Cosmos Network, a decentralized network of independent, scalable, and interoperable blockchains.
We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose mission is to build the foundation for a new token economy. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major impact on how humans connect on a global scale. Join our growing team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
How we Work
We are a distributed team across the globe. Our headquarters is in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have hubs in Berlin and Toronto. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. Everything we build is open source.
About the Position
Tendermint Inc’s Design team is seeking a talented UI/UX designer with experience in responsive web design, mobile app design, usability, and accessibility. You will be working closely with our front-end developers to build engaging and easy-to-use websites and mobile applications that serve the end-users of the Cosmos ecosystem. We’re looking for a motivated architect who understand user experience design, and has an eye for pixel-perfect visual design. Your work will be hugely impactful, as your wireframes and mockups will be developed and then deployed to a rapidly growing, international audience of Cosmos users.
This is a full time remote-friendly position with the option to work from one of our offices in the SF Bay Area, Berlin, and Toronto.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and front-end engineers
- Illustrate visual ideas using storyboards, process flows and user stories
- Develop UI wireframes and mockups that clearly illustrate the website or application
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct user testing throughout the life cycle of the product
- Adhere to brand guidelines on typography, colors and images
- A portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of web and mobile interface design experience.
- High level of proficiency in visual communication, interaction design, usability, and accessibility..
- Up-to-date understanding of modern UI design tools like Figma and Sketch.
- Proficient understanding of web, Android, and iOS features and corresponding platform limitations.
- Proficient understanding of component-based design systems.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and web accessibility standards.
- Competence with user research and user testing.
- Clear and concise written and oral English communication skills.
- Interest in emerging interactive technology in web, mobile, and other devices.
Flexible work schedule
Fitness & wellbeing budget
At least 4 weeks of paid vacation
Competitive salary package, including equity