Are you passionate about web development and customer service? Are you looking for an opportunity to continue learning and be part of dynamic team? Our group is in charge of providing some of the most widely-used, enterprise-scale web platform services to UW-Madison, UW System, and partner institutions across the country. The work we do is very collaborative, user-centered and adheres to industry standards and best practices. You'll have an opportunity to learn, while you work as part of a team to maintain the integrity and high quality of the services we provide.
This position is with DoIT’s Application Infrastructure Services Department (AIS), Web Platforms/Services Group. We are in charge of providing some of the most widely-used, enterprise-scale web platform services to UW-Madison, UW System, and partner institutions across the country. Some of the services we provide include:
- KnowledgeBase (KB) - a platform for easily creating, displaying, sharing, and managing web-based knowledge documents.
- MobileUW - management of UW-Madison’s official mobile app and consulting services for mobile app developers across campus.
- MyUW - A portal that provides applicants, students, faculty, staff, advisors, and instructors with a suite of integrated information resources that are tailored to their roles and interests.
- Shared Tools - developer tools for DoIT users such as JIRA, Artifactory, GitLab.
- Web Hosting - community test and production web hosting environment with both on-premise and cloud offerings for static sites and web applications.
- WiscWeb - The campus-funded website service that provides a managed WordPress platform for site creation, including all hosting, upgrades, maintenance, training, and user support
- User Interface Development - consultation in User Interface development as well as development of tools and resources that help campus developers more quickly create brand-standard, ADA-compliant digital experiences
The work we do is very collaborative, user-centered and adheres to industry standards and best practices. You’ll have an opportunity to learn, while you work as part of a team to maintain the integrity and high quality of the services we provide.
- Minimum 1 years' experience with HTML and CSS.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with API's.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with server side technologies (e.g. Java, PHP, .Net).
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Demonstrated desire to learn new things.
Enjoy robust benefits such as the State of Wisconsin Benefits Package, a beautiful Campus Setting and a competitive salary.
Application deadline is July 16, 2019.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We believe that we are better able to serve our diverse set of campus customers through supporting the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our staff. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.