When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, incentive programs, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, yoga classes, wellness committee events (hiking, softball, soccer,.. to name a few!), health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Onsite cafe
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
Elevations Credit Union is set out to be the cutting edge leader in digital financial services and payments within the Credit Union landscape. Our goal is to deliver highly personalized, real time experiences across devices that members increasingly expect.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Product Designer to join our growing Digital Team to provide everything from wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, to interactive, responsive prototypes. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio showing examples of not just UX but also user interface (UI) expertise. Reporting to the Director of UX, the UX Designer will have hands-on input on a brand new design system, working directly with digital product owners, third-party developers, and an in-house analytics team driven by UX research. Ability to ideate, create, respond to in-house and customer feedback, and deliver specifications and hand-off assets through launch will be a necessity. Designs will include responsive web, Android, and iOS. Strong communication in a collaborative team environment is a must, meaning iterative design and regular critique. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in adding several major digital product designs to their portfolio as we establish our digital presence while also working alongside an energetic, tech-savvy digital team in the beautiful Front Range of Colorado.
Essential Functions include:
- Wireframing, high-fidelity mockup designs and basic prototyping
- Building design systems using tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, and/or Figma
- Working regularly with analytics teams and responding to UX research
- Strategizing on content and user pathways using whiteboarding tools like Miro
- Provide regular feedback and visual quality assurance (QA) on development builds
- Taking art direction from design leadership in implementing design system and specific product directives from product team
- Working within an Agile environment in a scrum team
Director of User Experience
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years in progressive UX design and/or product design positions
- Thorough understanding of usability and accessibility
- Skilled in mix of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.) and comfortable adapting to new tools
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, and Material design ecosystems
- Open to feedback and willing to get us 80% before finalizing the remaining 20%
- An online portfolio showcasing a wide range of UX/UI work
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, React, etc.
- Bachelor degree in user experience, digital design or similar field
- Animation for UIs
- Previous experience in the financial industry
- Passionate about typography and accessibility
- User Research and/or User Testing
Customer Orientation, Planning and Organizing, Adaptability, Building Partnerships, Continuous Improvement, Execution
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Retail Operations and Marketing:
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and up to 25 lbs of force infrequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual’s credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.