Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As our Director of Design at Button, you’ll lead, coach, and grow our design teams. We will rely on you to establish and uphold a culture of design, research and testing, and cross-department collaboration - pushing the boundaries across both web and mobile applications. You will drive the ‘right’ projects forward for the business –balancing a resilient design system with immediate needs.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about refining design strategy and utilizing a combination of research, data, and analytics to make the best product and design decisions.
As the Director of Design, you will set the tone and empower others on the team to facilitate effective design discussions, reviews, and sprints. You will be an active participant in prioritizing and developing our brand, product, and roadmap, and will work closely with our talented product management team to ship great products and ensure that we build user-centric and scalable experiences across all platforms and user types.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job and enjoy experimenting with new technologies. Our design team currently uses Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Nucleo, Abstract, Wake, Slack, and JIRA - and we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS THE DIRECTOR OF DESIGN YOU WILL:
- Lead, manage, and hire a cross-functional team of designers
- Embed best practices, principles and frameworks that empower designers to work effectively and independently
- Collaborate with engineering, product and marketing peers to create a high-performance environment with both active partnership and clear ownership between teams
- Foster design-led thinking across the Button organization
- Maximize the success of Button’s products by incorporating customer research and understanding into product development
- Collect and utilize data in making decisions on the direction of Button products, and coach and mentor your team to do the same
- Represent the voice of design in product strategy and across the company
- Be ultimately responsible for Button’s visual brand and every pixel that makes it into the wild!
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Extensive experience (and who excel at & enjoy) managing and growing a team of designers
- A generalist design background with a focus in at least one area of design — credibility in craft is important to our team and your ability to empathize and coach
- A track record of building systems that enable those around you to be effective
- A collaborative and persuasive operating model — design sits at the nexus of many teams on a day-to-day basis and bringing other teams along is key to success
- Built teams that focus on the customer and the numbers — you validate decisions based on these factors
- Demonstrated success conceiving and iterating on new products and features –balancing intuition, data, and strategy