Job Description Summary
- Develops and maintains constituent-centric web and mobile applications through a team-oriented process.
- Understands business challenges; leverages or creates web-based, internally developed solutions.
- Maintains well-documented, reusable code in a modern repository
- Provides backup for other developer’s work; helps administer code reviews, tests and performs maintenance and support.
- Contribute to a transparent and equitable organizational culture where ethical and equity policies and practices are understood and lived out by all staff.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with Node, NPM, Gulp, JSLint.
- Commitment to the mission and values of University Advancement and a commitment to equity, particularly racial equity, with a willingness to proactively learn about it and integrate it into all aspects of the work.
- Respect for the dignity and abilities of all people.
- Expertise with GIT and writing code to meet coding standards.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Ability to read user stories and prototypes to evaluate requirements for reusable components and to ultimately create estimates and execute development
- Possess a growth mindset; willingness to learn new skills, frameworks and programming languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in teams, in a collaborative environment and under own initiative.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with the following: React DOM and/or React Native; mobile app builds; SQL and using databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB; PHP, Wordpress, CRM information systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as EC2, S3, ElasticBeanstalk, API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB.
- Exposure to team coding environments with pull requests, code reviews, and other team-based coding principles
- Knowledge of/exposure to CLEAN code and test-driven development (TDD); APIs and data integrations, SOAP and an understanding of data modeling with JSON and XML; agile concepts and methodologies
Responsible for own work only.
Additional Job Description
This position will close on Monday, December 9, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. EST. A cover letter is not required.