Beacon Targeted Therapies is a fast-growing Business Intelligence Data Product for the Life Sciences industry. We are a SaaS product used by some of the largest pharmaceutical companies and most innovative biotechs working to find cures for cancers. Our products accelerate the development of cutting-edge drugs such as CAR-Ts and Immunotherapies. We’ve found our Product-Market fit and we’re now on the hunt for the right candidate to join us as our first ever Technical Product Manager. This role will be instrumental in scaling the product to fit our ambitious growth plans.
Reporting to our Technology Director as well as the Director of Digital Products (our Product Owner for Beacon), the Technical Product Manager will be working closely with the Beacon team and external partners to develop our platform. You’ll help translate user journeys into shippable products, find ways to optimise our Customer Experience and play a big role transforming Beacon into a next-generation SaaS product – imbued with leading-edge technologies.
This is a technical role; you need to be able to grasp and articulate technical concepts. Finding solutions to those complex software engineering and data modelling problems then articulating them to Developers should be your core skill set. We’re looking for someone with amazing communication skills able to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment!
Here’s what we’d like you to do:
- Manage the development from technical specification through to shipping features
- Feed into, execute on and communicate our long-term strategic roadmap
- Manage the Product Roadmap and ensure our developers stick to agreed prioritisations
- Manage the resolution and deployment of bug fixes
- Communicate risks to the strategic and product plan, potential milestones and recent releases to leadership
- Keep up to date on new and relevant technologies to put us at the leading edge
- Work closely with our offshore developers to perform quality checks on the code and information architecture
- Run our Sprint planning meetings and help prioritise the backlog
- Oversees the UAT process and sets requirements for accepting new features and releases
- Maintain the Application Lifecycle and ensure proper deployment practices
- Liaise with internal clients including our sales, marketing and content colleagues
This is what you’ll have done already:
- A STEM degree with experience in an Associate/Technical Product Manager or Business Analyst role
- Worked with design and engineering teams to define and ship features for digital products, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Worked with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Defined technical requirements for digital products with key stakeholders
- Have demonstrated experience in PM skills including spec writing, wireframing, testing, design, prototyping and improving the overall development process
- Preferably have experience in the Microsoft Azure Stack
- Previous experience with data products with SQL and NoSQL backends desirable
- Coding experience would also be a plus (though it’s not part of the job)