Trusona is the pioneer and leader in passwordless two-factor authentication (2FA).
Stolen or weak passwords are responsible for over 80% of breaches, and Trusona’s mission is to thwart cybercrime by eliminating them from the user experience.
Over 200 organizations, including some of the world’s largest financial services and health care companies, rely on Trusona’s solutions.
Trusona was founded in 2015 by cybersecurity expert Ori Eisen, is funded by Kleiner Perkins and M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and advised by Frank Abagnale, renowned fraud prevention expert, and the subject of Catch Me If You Can. For more information, visit www.trusona.com
Description - what the role is about
You’ll create systems of foundational brand elements, voice, tone and experiences that are essential to our mission’s success. You’ll collaborate with most team members at Trusona (Trusonauts) and simultaneously help and learn from leadership in those departments.
You’ll collaborate with the CEO, CMO and CXO to re-brand and re-position Trusona, taking the CEO and CMO’s cybersecurity experience and translate it into a world-class system of words, typography, photography, motion and graphic design that tell simple, powerful stories. You’ll dream-up easy-to-follow guidelines and examples for re-use and re-formatting so that anyone can use them, and the systems will smell of craftmanship and quality in just about any context.
You’ll need the intellectual and creative horsepower to create the strategy and also roll-up your sleeves and create the actual assets and systems themselves.
Keep in mind, Trusona sells to other companies (B2B), not individual consumers. You’ll draw from your B2B brand work.
Once the new brand is launched, you’ll continue to support ongoing brand needs and design work across the Trusona experience, working with product, marketing, ops, HR and sales. In this ongoing role there will be some more consumer-facing (B2C) work.
You’ll ultimately touch every bit of storytelling across all channels: web, video, photography, print, mobile app, desktop, event materials, etc.
Your manager, the CXO has an Industrial Design and Design Thinking background. Here at Trusona we believe in human-centered design, word nerding, ideation, pen before pixel, collaboration, usability, readability, emotional design, purpose and yes, have some fun along the way.
Responsibilities - what you’ll be doing
- Re-brand and re-position Trusona in collaboration with the CEO, CMO and CXO.
- Create, maintain, and evolve brand experience guidelines, including voice and tone.
- Visual design strategy.
- Ask five why’s to unearth root causes that set a path for powerfully simple design.
- Keep the global and holistic Trusona visual system simple — keep it a system.
- Ideate. Strategize. Execute.
- Brand experience training across the company.
- Collaborate across teams — using house rule #17; “An ounce of loyalty is better than a pound of knowledge. An ounce of humility is better than a pound of loyalty.”
Qualifications – what you bring to the team
- Bachelors in Visual or Communication Design or similar field.
- Have led the strategy and execution for B2B brands.
- 10+ years of related experience, or the equivalent in combined education and experience.
- Extraordinary sense of style and simplicity (visual and written word).
- A few stunning samples in your portfolio.
- Lifelong student of typography.
- Ability to work in a startup, comfortable balancing risk and uncertainty.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Can easily explain the relationship between copy and visuals.
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Self-driven and likes to turn what could be chaotic communication into compelling stories.
- Sees the relationships between day-to-day minutia and the business value it creates.
- Makes decisions based on logic and by instinct — and is aware of each.
- Values diverse ways of seeing problems while not losing your own voice.
- Empathetic to our internal team, customers and end user’s context.
Trusona is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Competitive Salary. Equity (Incentive Stock Options. Unlimited Paid Time Off + 10 Holidays + Duvet Day. Health, Dental & Vision – Company paid for employee. 401K Plan. Casual Dress (we call it Resort Casual). Free food and drinks. Perk of the month.