Mad Mobile is building the next generation of in-store experiences for retail, hospitality, and pharmacies. We build platforms that empower associates to work more closely with their customers and to help customers empower themselves through modern checkout and buying experiences. We’re looking for someone who is excited about the opportunities that arise from connecting isolated systems to provide incredible experiences for anyone using the products on our platform.
Product Designers at Mad Mobile collaborate with product managers and other product designers on all areas of user experience, research, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design. We care about the details, empathize deeply, and are comfortable with ambiguity. We’re fluent in the design thinking processes necessary to identify the problem, craft solutions, and build paradigm-shifting products for major retail brands we know you’re familiar with. Did we mention that we’re Apple’s go-to-market partner for Mobile Point-of-Sale? This is your chance to make an impact.
- You should have at a minimum 5+ years of experience as a UX, interaction, or product designer with demonstrable proficiency, owning the design process from early stage ideation through high-fidelity design and into shipping product.
- You know that design isn’t just about making it pretty. It’s not just what fits in a Dribbble shot. You have an incredible portfolio where you talk problem solving, breaking down the problem to solve, your solution, and the general ideation process around your visual design.
- You have an unmatched fluency in UX, visual, and interactive design best practices and a strong understanding of usability principles and techniques.
- You’re human-centered and break interface problems up into goals (like Alan Cooper) or tasks (like Don Norman) to create the best experience.
- You’re comfortable mentoring other designers and bring a style of teaching that’s patient and confidence-building.
- You have expertise with vector-based design tools like Sketch, Figma, or InVision Studio.
- You design with a mobile-first approach, along with having a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and native mobile technologies.
- You love designing mobile interfaces (that includes phones and tablets) and read Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines in your free time.
- You’re comfortable with design system management.
- You love prototyping your concepts using tools like Figma, Sketch, Principle, ProtoPie, or just HTML
It would also be great if
While not requirements, these things will really help you shine.
- You know how the Design Sprint process works—even better if you helped facilitate one yourself.
- You’re not only familiar with design systems but are familiar with design systems in React.
- You’re comfortable prototyping with React components, and maybe you’ve even used something like Framer to design.