Quality Assurance / Product Manager
What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers according to the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor :)
Success? Yes, please! inFlow has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list.
Impact? Check! As the 27th member of our team, you would be instrumental in shaping how our software helps tens of thousands of small businesses compete and thrive.
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world-class talent, like you, to join us!
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2-3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office on office days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month at great restaurants
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Health and dental benefits
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 27th member of our tight-knit team
This role is a hybrid between traditional product manager and quality assurance roles. In other words, you’ll ensure that we both build the right thing, and build the thing right.
You’ll research customer needs and work closely with our founders, designers and developers to creatively shape our product, while also testing and validating to ensure product quality and success in helping customers. This is a pivotal role suitable for folks with a combination of people skills and technical skills.
- Dig into customer feedback and conduct user research to get a deeper understanding of their needs and write user stories
- Work with software designers and developers, help design the product features and make sure updates ship quickly with high quality
- Acceptance testing of new software changes
- Pre-release manual software testing to find what might have broken, alongside our automated tests
- Present software changes to the support, sales, and marketing teams
- Dig into logs and SQL databases to get to the root of the problem
- The ability to quickly understand broad concepts across people, processes, software design, and software development considerations
- The drive and courage necessary to ask challenging questions and work with multiple people to push for change
- Detail oriented thinking and a critical eye to catch problems
- The ability to look at a problem from all angles and suggest the best solution, making appropriate tradeoffs
- Familiarity with technical troubleshooting (e.g., SQL, REST APIs, browser consoles, log files, etc.)
- Clear and concise communication skills
- 1+ years experience working with agile software development
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience in quality assurance and/or product management
- Experience working closely with user interface designers and/or user experience specialists
- Experience working closely with software developers
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with small business inventory management
- A healthy sense of impatience
- Bonus points if you find any bugs in this job posting ;)
What are you waiting for? To apply, go to this webpage
What you can expect when applying for a job at Archon
At Archon, we celebrate diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute, not what they look like, whom they love, shoe size, or other irrelevant labels. We provide equal pay for equal work and treat each job applicant with respect and thanks.