A bit about us:
Do you LOVE every dog that crosses your path? Think cats are awesome? Then this company is for you. Basepaws is a unique pet genetics startup located in El Segundo, CA. We created the world’s more innovative DNA test for pets, and are the world leader in companion animal genetics, creating a world where pets and their people benefit from insights powered by DNA. We focus on the use of high throughput sequencing approaches, computational biology, systems biology, and machine learning to identify novel genetic factors that may influence a pet’s health, and our products span genetics, microbiome, nutrition, and therapeutic applications.
A bit about you:
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be tasked with re-imagining and refining the customer journey end-to-end, focusing on how pet parents interact with their pets—using DNA as a lens. You’ll collaborate with Marketing, Tech, and Science to solve user problems in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Work on developing the existing products using user-centered design principles
- Work with team (Science, Marketing, Tech) to create new products while fully understanding the customer journey
- Understand the customer needs, custdev, set goals for product development based on business objectives, testing, testing, testing
- Help set various KPIS and build product roadmap strategy, test and create a hypothesis, evaluate their success and consider unit economics
- 4+ years of experience in product management ideally in eCommerce/D2C (in the pet space a huge plus)
- Experience designing entire products from information architecture and interaction down to the visual language of individual elements
- Ability to translate complex data into compelling visual stories that are meaningful and valuable information.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and rich internet applications
- Expertise using design-related software
Please share examples from your portfolio demonstrating your high-quality work and problem-solving ability
Please note - we expect this role to start part-time with a minimum of 20 hours per week, with a potential for 40 hours per week after a brief trial period.
Health insurance Dental insurance Paid time off Great coworking space Flexible remote (must be based in LA)